Did you know?
82% of those under 18 that are girls experience sexual assault, and only 5% of survivors report these crimes to the police. *
1 out of every 3 women will experience some type of sexual violence, and only 1 in 3 Canadians understand what sexual consent means. *
(*Statistics taken from: http://sacha.ca/resources/statistics)
These statistics are not ok! You should never be in such a position.
What can you do to protect yourself on the streets?
We would like you, your sister, your mother, grandmother, and best girl- friends to join our movement and spread awareness about the importance of self defense for women! We believe that that every woman should know these few self defense skills so please share this blog and video with your friends and family!
You do not need to train for years, or go to the gym every day. But if you practiced a few techniques, you can save your life!
Knowing some self defense technique means you will always be prepared. You will not be as scared. You will have new found confidence. You will be able to protect yourself!
The top health benefits to knowing Self Defense
- You will be able to protect yourself in any situation
- You will feel more confident knowing you can protect yourself
- You will become more aware of your surroundings and be able to detect suspicious activity easily
- You will also get fit and strengthen your muscles
- You will learn a new skill in a fun, safe, and supportive environment
- You will acquire self discipline and be able to set and reach your goals
- You will improve your social skills as most self defense classes take place in a group setting
In this video we are going to review how to properly knee, elbow and palm strike. All these punches and kicks can be used in many defenses which we will be reviewing in our upcoming videos as well.
If you haven’t had a chance to check out our other videos, make sure to check out our Youtube channel here, for more awesome tips check out the link below: